Digital locker - How to signup and use ?
On 10 feburary 2015 , Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India launched India’s first digital locker system named DIGITAL LOCKER OR DIGILOCKER to provide a secure electronic space for storing all educational documents such as marksheets, Leaving certificates of school and college, PAN cards , Driving license, passport, voter id,Marriage certificate etc of resident Indian citizens. Digital locker's goal is to reduce dependecy on paper documents and stop issuing fake documents. It is an inititative under the Digital India Programme. In Digilocker user gets storage space of 1GB for storing documents that is linked to the Aadhar number of the user. In digilocker once you opened account you do not need to carry your documents all the time whenever needed just login in digilocker and access your account .
You may also read :
Make In India
National Skill Development
National Savings Certificate
Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojana (PMAPY)
Requirements to open digital locker
To sign-up for DigiLocker, You need your Aadhar card number with you .
How to Sign-up
Step-1 To sign up for digital locker you needs to visit any one of the following three official government websites:http://www.digitallocker.gov.in/
Step-2 Once you visited website given above enter e-Aadhaar card number in the box as shown and the captcha. After entering Aadhar number click Sign-Up/Login button to generate One time password (OTP) sent on the mobile number used while registering for Aadhar card
Step-3 Once above step is done . Screen with message "User successfully registered "would be displayed .
How to use/other information
Account user can now use this to:
- Upload & store personal documents such as educational marksheets , tax return documents and many others
- View e-documents uploaded by various issuers
- Share e-documents with requesting agencies to their E-mail.
- In Digital locker system or Digilocker you can store document of file types: PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP and GIF.
- you'll get 1 GB of storage space that is linked to your Aadhar number.
- use e-Signature for signing any documents
What Documents can be stored
- All educational documents such as marksheets ,degree etc.
- Leaving certificates of school and college
- Marriage certificate
- Documents related to physical assets such as property,
- Driving license, passport, voter card
- Utility bills – water, electricity, telephone bills etc.
- Birth certificate
- Income tax payment receipts
- PAN card details and many more
Are the digitally stored documents secured?
You do not worry about your stored document in Digilocker because in Digital Locker or Digilocker All document are stored and secured on NIC's server which will only be accessed by different goverment agencies for verifying your doucments . Digilocker or elocker can only be accessed by anyone having Aadhar card number. So Your account is 100 % secured in digilocker. Every time whenever account holder or you signin in digilocker or elocker using your 12 digit Aadhaar number and 10 digit mobile number he/she will or you receive one time password (OTP) which he/she or you use to open your digilocker or elocker . If you want to know more " Are the digitally stored documents secured? " then you can write an E-mail to government’s DigiLocker customer service team and ask your queries or question at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must read this How to access digilocker or digilocker ?